Franklin Park Firsts
- Native American chiefs Alexander Robinson and Claude LaFrambois settled in Franklin Park in 1829. The first white man to come to Franklin Park was Jesse Walker in 1833, followed by William Draper in 1837.
- Franklin Park's first village election was held on July 18, 1892.
- Franklin Park was incorporated as a village on August 2, 1892.
For in-depth 2010 census data, see the Census Bureau's American FactFinder.
- 1900 - 483
- 1910 - 683
- 1920 - 914
- 1930 - 2,425
- 1940 - 3,007
- 1950 - 8,899
- 1960 - 18,322
- 1970 - 20,348
- 1980 - 18,678
- 1990 - 18,140
- 2000 - 19,434
- 2010 - 18,333
- Franklin Park's land area is 4.56 square miles. It is in Cook County, Illinois and Leyden Township.
- The latitude of Franklin Park is 41 degrees, 9352 minutes north. The longitude of Franklin Park is 87 degrees, 8753 minutes west.
- The elevation of Franklin Park is 637 feet above sea level.
- Franklin Park is in the Central Time Zone, and operates under Daylight Savings Time.
- Franklin Park is 87.87 degrees west of the prime meridian, and is 41.93 degrees north of the equator.
- Franklin Park is 11 miles northwest of Chicago, 59 miles south of Rockford, 19 miles east of Aurora, 151 miles north of Springfield and 28 miles west of Gary, Indiana.
- O'Hare International Airport is 3 miles north of Franklin Park.
- In 1990, Franklin Park became an Illinois Certified City.
Business and Industry
- Franklin Park is the fourth most industrialized city in Illinois after Chicago, Rockford, and Elk Grove Village.
- There are over 1,000 businesses in Franklin Park.
Sales Tax Information
- The sales tax in Franklin Park is 7.75%.