Jump to Navigation

Postcards

Over the years, the library was gifted several postcards that reflect scenes of very early days in Franklin Park. View many more postcards on our Flickr page.

 

A postcard of the Old Dutch Mill, which is located in Mount Emblem Cemetery in Elmhurst. According to the Mount Emblem website, the Old Dutch Mill was built in 1865 as an operating mill in the traditional Dutch smock style. The windmill was one of the first of its kind built in the Chicago area.
 

An old postcard of downtown Franklin Park.

Back of the downtown Franklin Park postcard.

A postcard of Schiller Blvd. donated by Lou Cutaia.

The backside of the Schiller Blvd. postcard, note the 1911 postmark.

A Christmas postcard from Lesser Franklin.

Postcard showing the old school.

“Greetings from Franklin Park Ill.”
(Left to Right: Old Brick School House, Foster Waterbury Foundry, Franklin Ave.,
Methodist Episcopal Church - Frame Building, Bridge over DesPlaines River - River Grove, IL, St. Gertrude’s Church).

Back of old school postcard.

If you have an old postcard to either donate or lend for us to make a scan for posting on our website, contact Karen Gurski, Head of Local History, at kgurski@fppld.org or 847-455-6016 ext. 234.



Main menu 2

Page | by Dr. Radut