Jump to Navigation

Martens, Charles and Louisa

The Martens

Charles Martens purchased land north of the Milwaukee Railroad tracks and east of Rose Street in 1847. Mr. Martens became Franklin Park's first Village President on August 4, 1892. His home was built in 1890 and is located at 3222 Rose (now the parsonage for Mount Calvary Lutheran Church). His wife "Aunt Louisa" was very active in both the Methodist Church and the first Ladies' Aid.


Main menu 2

Page | by Dr. Radut