Call: 847-455-6016 Text: 847-220-4616 Fax: 847-455-6416
Mon-Fri: 9-9 Sat: 9-5 Sun: Closed
In 1884, they built a spacious, elegant, gingerbread style home. Christian owned a horse and cattle farm, which often traded with Chief Alexander Robinson. In 1878, the Chicago and Pacific Railroad (later known as the Milwaukee Railroad) was granted permission from Mr. Schierhorn to run railroad tracks through his property, enabling the connection between Chicago and Franklin Park. In 1886, he allowed the Chicago and Wisconsin Railroad (Soo Line) to go through his property. Christian's brother Henry settled 88 acres on Grand Ave. near Washington St. in 1850.