Call: 847-455-6016 Text: 847-220-4616 Fax: 847-455-6416
M-Th: 9-9 F-Sat: 9-5 Sun: 1-5
The Franklin Park Hotel was located on the southwest corner of Rose St. and Minneapolis St. The building was built by Lesser Franklin (founder of Franklin Park) in the early 1890s and stood until 1956. The location is now occupied by the LaSalle Bank (3044 Rose St.).
The Girbes family came here before 1900. In 1897, Mr. L. Girbes bought the property and established the first coal yard. In 1914, he added the cement block business to the coal yard (as Franklin Park was replacing its wooden sidewalks). In later years, they added the building materials business to their operation. It was located at the the intersection of Rose St. and Franklin Ave., on the northeast corner. The address was 9574 Franklin Ave. It was located where the Community Center of the Park District of Franklin Park currently stands.