Jump to Navigation

1940s

Club Hollywood was located at the northwest corner of River Rd. and Belmont Ave. It served the near northwest suburbs in the 1940s and 1950s. It was a restaurant featuring nationally-known celebrities. It suffered a terrible fire in 1951 and was rebuilt. The photographs show both buildings and the interior of one.

 

The Rose Bowl was located at 3026 Rose as early as 1948, and continued operations until 1980. It might have been built prior to 1948, however, our records do not go back that far.


The Rose Theater was built sometime in the 1940s. It was originally built as a Quonset Hut (a building that served as housing for men enlisted in the Armed Forces during World War II). The Rose Theater was torn down in 1981, and was located at 3034 Rose St. This photograph was taken sometime in the 1950s. Notice the assortment of vintage automobiles in the parking lot just north of the building.


Hammill Photography Studios shared a storefront at 9618 Franklin Ave. with the Franklin Park Journal. Rodger Hammill came to Franklin Park in 1942, and opened his studio in 1947. In 1953, he moved to 9510 Belmont Ave. His studio has been purchased by the Village of Franklin Park.



Main menu 2

Page | by Dr. Radut