Charles Henry Boesenberg moved to the area around 1880 and opened a Cheese Factory and General Store
on Mannheim Road. He served as postmaster for the Mannheim Post Office from 1889-1893. Charles Henry was active in Franklin Park politics, serving as one of the first Village Trustees. His political interests included law enforcement and fire protection. Later, after the railroad bought his store in order to build Mannheim Bridge
, he worked for the township school office.