In the past, the Library offered one-on-one computer tutorials for anyone interested in improving their computer skills. We are trying a different format with our new Tech Training Classes, which offer broader subjects taught in a classroom-like atmosphere. Here are some of our new offerings:
- Intro to Computers: A basic "how-to" class which covers powering up; logging in; opening programs; creating, saving and finding files; and a review of the keyboard and its functions.
- Desktop Publishing 101: Learn how to create simple greeting cards, signs, and other visual projects using Microsoft Publisher.
- Intro to Kindle eReaders: Learn how to navigate your Kindle, organize contents, download eMediaLibrary content, manually add books to your Kindle from a computer, and find other eBook resources.
- Intro to Tablets: Learn about the differences between tablet brands, touchscreen gestures, modifying settings, wifi connectivity, app store downloads and FPPLD Digital Library resources. An assortment of tablets will be provided for students to try.
- Intro to Google: Explore Google Maps, Translate, create an account for 5G of "cloud storage" and then upload files to your own secure "drive."
- Pinterest 101: Learn how to set up an account and find out the basics of pinning! Existing email account required.
New topics are always being considered on community need and demand. Contact the Info Desk (call 847-455-6016 ext. 2 or email email@example.com) for available class subjects and times.