The Library currently provides 30 computers and two scanners for teens and adults, four computers in The Square specifically for teens, and 15 computers for kids. Internet use is free for all library users. Minors will be allowed Internet access unless a parent or guardian signs the Internet Opt-Out form, which is available from either Information Desk. All Internet users must read and accept our Internet Policy and Rules for Use before using the Internet. Internet use is filtered; we ask that you avoid looking at materials that may be disruptive to other library users.
- Most of our computers run Windows XP; some run Windows 7. Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers are available. Microsoft Office 2007 (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Publisher), the OpenOffice Productivity Suite and GIMP (graphics editor) are installed on all computers.
- Your files should be saved online or onto a personal storage device. CD-RWs and DVD-RWs are available for $1.
- Free wireless Internet is available. Look for "Franklin Park Library" listed under available wi-fi networks. Our network uses 802.11n, and is compatible with 802.11b and 802.11g devices. Wireless Internet use falls under the same rules as our Internet Policy. Access is available throughout the building, but there may be spots of weak or no connectivity.
- Our three Laptop Areas offer multiple electrical outlets for easy charging while you work. The Square also offers an area for teens to work and charge their own devices.
- Color printing is 50 cents per page. Black and white printing is 10 cents per page.
- Wireless Printing - Print virtually any document or web page from your home computer, wi-fi enabled phone, tablet, or laptop to our library printers. Documents will automatically be deleted after three hours.
Interested in learning more about technology? Find out more about our tech training.
Digital Media Lab
Need the equipment and assistance to create your own digital content such as videos, music, and more? Learn what our Digital Media Lab offers.