Presidential Election Deadline
The deadline to register to vote for the 2012 Presidential Election is Tuesday, October 9. If you aren't already registered, you'll want to do so as soon as possible to ensure that you'll be able to vote in the presidential election. Visit the election page of the Cook County Clerk's website to check your registration status. You can register to vote at any facility with a certified deputy registrar, including here at the Franklin Park Public Library.
Who May Register to Vote
Voter Registration Applicants Must:
- Be citizens of the United Sates on the day of registration.
- Be 18 years old by the next election. If applicant is not yet 18 but will be on or before the next election, registration is still accepted.
- Actually reside at the address listed on the registration card. This must not be a business address or post office box (except for homeless registrants).
- Display two pieces of identification. Identification must include one piece with a current address. Neither need be a picture ID.
Acceptable Forms of Identification Include:
- Illinois Driver's license
- Employee or student ID
- Illinois State ID
- Credit card
- Social security card
- Birth certificate
- Recent utility bill in applicant's name
- Mail postmarked to applicant
- Valid U.S.A. passport
- Public Aid ID card